Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Target Haul


Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, Revlon Lip Butter, Essie Nail Polish, Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, Elf False Lashes
Hello!  Last week I went to Target to buy several items that I have been wanting for quite some time.  I went after my last exam to celebrate summer!  I have been using these products a lot over the past week, and I and I thought it would be great to review them for you.
  
To start things off: Rimmel London's Stay Matte Powder.  I picked this up in the shade Translucent because of my extremely fair skin.  I have been love, love, loving this powder!  My skin tends to get oily, and I feel like when  I wear this powder, my skin stays nice and matte for a lot longer than when I wear the powder I had been using.  I got it for $3.99.  My other powder was around the $30 mark, so I'd say this is a definite win!

Next up, the Elf false eyelashes.  I got both the natural and dramatic.  I am going to be in my school's musical next fall, and we have to wear fake eyelashes on stage.  I bought these because they were cheap, and I thought they would be a good way to practice using the eyelashes before I had to do it in a dressing room getting ready for a show.  These are a HUGE disappointment.   I watched a video on YouTube explaining how to wear the eyelashes, and I applied them correctly, but the ends did not stay put.  They kept popping up and it was so aggravating.  I tried waiting longer for the glue to get tacky; I tried waiting less time for the glue to get tacky; nothing seemed to work.  These were only $1.00 each, but I would much rather invest more money into false eyelashes that actually work.

 Essie's nail polish in "The More the Merrier" has been so great!  I have it on right now, and I absolutely love the bright, chartreuse color!  I already wrote about it on my blog here, so read that if you want more information.  It was $7.79.

Recently, I have really been loving Revlon's Lip Butters.  I purchased two colors this winter, and I wore one all the time.  I love the way the feel and the way they look on my lips.  They are so nice and they do moisturize really well.  I picked up a third shade, Pink Lemonade.  I love this color!  It is really light (I tried to do a swatch, but it barely showed up!), and it's a nice pinky wash of color.  I love this for when I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup or if I have done bolder eyes and lots of blush and highlighter so I need something light to balance it out.  It was $6.49, and well worth the buy!  I think I will continue to buy these until I have them all!

I have never tried gel eyeliner before, but I have wanted to for a long time.  I've seen so many people praise the Bobby Brown gel eyeliner, so I was set to try that.  Then, I started noticing people loved the Maybelline one just as much.  Because it is much cheaper at $7.99, I decided to purchase it first, so that I wouldn't throw too much money down the drain if I hated it.  I have not hated it though!  It is so nice and lovely to apply.  I got it in brown because my coloring is really light, and black eyeliner is so dark on me.  It is a great dark brown color, and it shows up really well.  It is also so easy to do a little cat-eye flick with this stuff, which I absolutely adore!  It can be hard to do that with a pencil because it can be tough to make it go exactly where I want and liquid just goes everywhere, so I've definitely found myself a keeper!

 
One random skincare item I got was Aveeno's Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.  I wasn't planning on blogging about this, but oh my word!  I picked this up because it was the only non-comedogenic  lotion that Target had, and I was out of the stuff I usually use.  I was bummed about it being in a pot rather than in a bottle with a pump, but I have gotten used to it more quickly than I would have imagined.  This lotion is so extremely moisturizing.  I think it is absolutely perfect. It stays on all day too, which is nice as I have found that some lotions tend to fade away.  I absolutely love this product.  It was $11.59, but this pot will take me a long while to work through!

So that's it!  I got so many things that I've been wanting to try, and I've loved most of them.  Leave me a comment telling me what you think about these products or tell me about something that you've recently picked up and are loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment