Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lip Balm Comparison

Happy Sunday!  I hope your weekends have been as wonderful as mine has been! (I got to see Darren Criss live in concert, yay!)  I noticed the other day that I had three different sticks of ChapStick.  Yep, that's right, three sticks of the exact same chapstick.  I then realized that I had different types of lip balms in my makeup drawer and in my room.  I thought I'd write up a review of all the different types of lip balms I owned, because, crazily enough, I use each one for a different purpose.
First up, your basic ChapStick.  Just the original kind, nothing special.  I find that this lip balm is moisturizing, but because it is designed to literally do nothing but moisturize, there is none of the glossy look that other lip balms tend to have.  Ergo, it is perfect for use before you apply makeup.  I always apply it first thing and by the time I am ready to apply my lipstick (which I apply right before I grab my handbag and jump in the car), it has blended into my lips.  It gives them a great base for lipsticks and lip glosses, especially ones like my lip tar that can really dry my lips out.
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer (such a long name!) is great!  It is highly moisturizing, and I keep it on my bedside table.  It has an SPF of 15, so I always toss it in my pool bag to keep my lips nice and protected.  It does have a glossy finish, so it looks nice on the lips, making it my poolside essential lip balm.
Sugar Fresh Lip Treatment is amazing!  It (and a tinted balm) were Sephora's birthday gift in 2012.  (If you don't have a Sephora perk's card, get one.  The rewards are amazing, and they always give you a gift on your birthday!)  This lip balm has a slightly grainy texture.  It leaves the lips glossy and has a slick feeling.  It has SPF, so it is a very close comparison of the Neutrogena lip balm.  Because of the grainy texture, I would choose the Neutrogena one over this one any day.  I was glad to try it for free, but I don't think I would ever spend money on this when I could get almost the same thing (minus the grainy feeling!) for much cheaper.

Last up is my Eos lip balm.  I can't remember the exact flavor, but I believe it is something tropical.  I had seen these everywhere, but I had never bought into the hype and purchased one myself.  My theatre teacher gave me this one, and I have really loved it!  I don't think I would repurchase it because I think spending five dollars on a clear lip balm is ridiculous.  I do like the way it taste, though.  And I'm a bit disturbed at how great it tastes.  I keep this on top of my bathroom counter to sweep on right before I go to bed.  It is so easy to apply, so it is perfect for when I'm tired.

So that's all my lip balms.  I'm always in the market for new ones, so leave a comment and let me know your favorites!

1 comment:

  1. I love EOS lip balms!!
    And they look really funky too haha

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete